The CREATE Lab Visual Programmer for Hummingbird and Finch has been updated. The update can be downloaded at: http://artsandbots.com/visualprogrammer/
Standalone versions are available for Mac, Windows and Ubuntu Linux. The Web Start version has been discontinued. If you have the Web Start version it will continue to work but you will be prompted to download the new version upon launching the program. A zip file version is also available for Linux users and users with complicated installation scenarios.
The software now automatically checks for updates every time the application is launched. If an update is available, the Settings tab (the one with the gear icon) will provide a link to download the latest version. To upgrade, simply download the latest version and repeat the installation steps. Your saved Expressions and Sequences will not be affected.
Java SE 6 or newer is still need to run the software and can be downloaded HERE
An updated version of the Installation and Connection Guide can be found HERE.
Installation Instructions for the Standalone Version:
1. Make sure you have Java SE 6 or later installed.
2. Go to: http://artsandbots.com/visualprogrammer/
3. Click the appropriate Download button for your robot (Hummingbird or Finch) and operating system (Mac OS, Windows, or Ubuntu Linux).
• Mac OS: you will download a disk image file (.dmg). Double-click it to mount and open the disk image. Once it is open, simply drag the Visual Programmer application to your computer’s Applications folder. Once it has copied, you may eject the disk image.
• Windows: you will download an installer file (.msi). Double-click to open it and follow the installation wizard steps to install the Visual Programmer.
• Ubuntu Linux: you will download a package file (.deb). Double-click to open it and then select Install Package.
5. Running the Visual Programmer software:
• Mac: double click the CREATE Lab Visual Programmer application in your Applications folder.
• Windows: select the CREATE Lab Visual Programmer application in the Start menu, or double-click the icon on your Desktop.
• Ubuntu Linux: double-click the CREATE Lab Visual Programmer application icon.
6. If you run the software and see a screen like one of the ones below, you’re done!